May 14, 2020 at 9:48 am #1998
Changes to Cycle to support Midgard / Knightguild are almost completed.
1. Weather; adjustment for latitude (Arctic, N Tropic, Equator, S Tropic, Antarctic)
2. City Operations: You still assign men the same way to the city work force, but now the action will allow you to allocate a percentage of men to the operation. This is only valid for multiple operations – i.e. you have two mines, one for gold, the other for metals – you could put 90% to gold, and 10% to metals from the total miners headcount.
3. Construction: rework of City Buildings – consolidating all buildings to one entity – includes City buildings, Organizational buildings and specialty buildings.
4. Transactions Entity: rework to facilitate capturing data on market transactions, etc. – used for Senior reports.
5. Markets: Adding restricted market back; also moving provisions to the market. Market “In Stock” is the city stockpile; “On Market” are items for sale.
6. Shipyards: new area on the City report showing ships being built and for who.
Currently in testing, should be able to finish this off sometime in the next week.
May 14, 2020 at 12:35 pm #1999
1. Market Items – Several commodities are changing
LI -> Padded Armor; Short Swords
MI -> Leather Armor, Shield, Short Swords
HI -> Chain Mail, Shield, Short Swords
LM -> Padded Armor; Short Bow
MM -> Padded Armor; Long Bow
HM -> Leather Armor; Light Crossbow
Livestock -> Cattle
Lt Siege – removed
Md Siege – removed
Horses -> Horses, Riding
Wagons -> Wagons, light
— too many new items to list
Metals -> Several types of ore, but Iron is still the primary ingredient for construction projects.
Warehouse Items will be converted into their corresponding types; somewhat problematical for weapons – i.e. if you have 500 LI in the only warehouse you own, then where does the other 500 short swords wind up?
Unit items will be converted as above.
May 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm #2000
On a more personal note –
We are in the process of moving. I hope to be in Dallas by the first of June. However, we may still be stuck in a motel somewhere. So I may be slow in responding to email / forum messages.
Once I finish with the changes to Cycle and the Conversions, I will push all turns back. At that point, you will be able to input actions via the web site.
May 14, 2020 at 3:51 pm #2001GreyhawkParticipant
If I am reading you correctly then, you will have either two or three items to store for armor/weapon type. If this is the case any chance of being able to build more warehouses?
May 15, 2020 at 2:09 pm #2002DaveParticipant
Is the rulebook set in stone yet? I downloaded an early version, but I’m hesitant to read the new version if it’s going to be changed a lot.
May 15, 2020 at 3:22 pm #2003GreyhawkParticipant
No the rule book is not set in stone, I was just wondering if with the changes to the weapons that there would also be a change to the warehouse limit.
May 23, 2020 at 7:25 pm #2009
I am considering getting rid of warehouses and simply adding a column to the City Market report. This will be called “CL Stockpile” and only a City Leader will be able to use it. Actions will be modified to move commodities in/out of this area.
May 16, 2020 at 8:21 pm #2007
New rulebook posted. This is the last one prior to game start other than “Corrections”. We will be posting the rulebook in new “formats”, but the rules should be the same between the versions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.